Intern for Studenterhuset’s Welcome to CPH project
Do you want to help make Copenhagen a better city for international students? We are looking for an academic intern with experience and an interest in project management, intercultural communication and editorial work on websites and social media.
The project Welcome to CPH gives international students information on student life in Copenhagen and helps them create a social network in the city.
The project consists of different events and recurring activities, as well as the website StudyCPH.dk. StudyCPH is an online platform for prospective and current international students where they can find information about living and studying in Copenhagen, as well as social and cultural events. The site includes a blog section where a volunteer team of Danish and international students blog about their life as students in Copenhagen through text, pictures, cartoons and videos.
As an intern you will be:
- The daily coordinator of the user generated part of the project, including managing the volunteer editorial team.
- Responsible for volunteer recruiting.
- Responsible for uploading content to StudyCPH.dk
- Responsible for social media, including the facebook page ”Welcome to CPH” and starting up a new instagram profile
- Responsible for creating and facilitating events aimed at international students
We prefer a person who:
- Is a university student within humanities, social science, cultural studies/anthropology, communication or similar disciplines.
- Have experience in or knowledge of project and volunteer management
- Have knowledge of communication, especially web articles and social media.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing.
- Basic Danish
- Have been in Denmark for at least 2 semesters, or have knowledge of Danish culture.
We guarantee that you will gain experience in project and volunteer management – including conflict management, editorial work, communication, facilitating positive group dynamics and strengthen your intercultural competences. Furthermore, you will be able to help develop your tasks, as the project is constantly evolving.
We offer a challenging internship in a dynamic organization with enthusiastic and helpful colleges. You can expect an informal and humorous work environment.
This is a 30-hour a week, 4 month long, unpaid internship running from September 1st – December 31st 2016. We are flexible in terms of work hours, if you need to follow any courses during the semester.
You will report to Marie Skjelbo Justesen, the Communication Officer.
To be considered for the internship send us your cover letter and CV before June 1. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Marie by calling 93 56 52 07 or e-mailing email@example.com
Studenterhuset is placed in central Copenhagen – right next to Rundetårn. We are the place where students meet across the many subjects and faculties at the University of Copenhagen.
The house is run by students, alongside a small group of paid staff; together we create an amazing atmosphere, debates, concerts, events and all kinds of activities.
Find more info at www.studenterhuset.com