How can we create a more sustainable city?
Sustainable City is an idea- and project workshop situated in Studenterhuset. Together we will create projects, that will make Copenhagen a more sustainable city. At the same time, you’ll gain skills in project development and -management, that are useful in your academic or professional life.
Why Sustainable City?
We are many who are passionate about making a concrete difference towards making living in our society sustainable, but it can be complicated to figure out how to make a real impact that also can influence others toward sustainable living.
In September 2015 the world’s leaders approved UN’s 2030 agenda for sustainable development. Agenda 2030 is a new plan for sustainable development for humans and the planet we live on, with 17 sustainable development goals (SDG) and 169 targets.
We are working with several of these sustainable development goals in Sustainable City.
Do you want to make a difference?
- Do you want to learn how you plan and run a project from start to end?
- Do you want to see your actions make a difference in everyday life?
- Do you want practical and theoretical knowledge about project management, collaboration and communication that you can utilize in future jobs?
- Do you want to work with other students towards making Copenhagen a more sustainable city?
- Recycle in Denmark – The local recycling rules translated into English and other language with the purpose of providing recycling rules to international students and citizens. Find your local municipality here.
- Fair Fashion Day – organize of an event for the sensibilization on the issue of sustainable clothing. From this focus Studenterhuset have started its own Repair Café, this you can read more about and sign up as a volunteer for here.
- Øre´start – Interact – Are making an urban laboratory in Ørestand with the purpose of creating a more sustainable and interactive city. Follow them on Instagram here.
- Bæredygtig Onsdag – Together with HUMrådet KU this group has launched a meat free day a week at KUA (South Campus).
- Green Cup Solution – substituting plastic/paper single use cups in the university environment with several-use biodegradable ones.
- Global Student Sustainability Network – Are creating a international network for students to share green student initiatives and experiences, good or bad with students all over the world. If you whish to help please share your local universities best climate initiative here.
Sustainable City is closed for applications to start new projects. Follow us here on this page to learn more about new projects and new opportunities to volunteer.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact us at email@example.com
Do you have any questions?
Coordinator Sara Jensen
Student Refugees is a part of Studenterhuset’s Laboratory for Social Engagement, funded by Tuborgfondet and Københavns Universitet.