Student assistant for Studenterhuset’s Language Café
Do you want to be part of planning and facilitating Studenterhuset’s popular Language Café?
We are looking for a student who can make it happen (payed job).
The Language Café is an event every other Saturday, where volunteer Language Hosts create a space for teaching other students their native language in a relaxed, social and open atmosphere.
- recruit volunteers for the Language Café
- plan and facilitate the events
- be our day-to-day contact for the volunteers
We prefer a person who:
- is a university student
- is fluent in spoken and written English, and don’t mind speaking at larger gatherings
- can participate in most of the cafés (Every other Saturday from 14.30-17.30)
- is detail oriented and great at planning
- a fun and social position in a dynamic organization with enthusiastic and helpful colleges
- an informal and humorous work environment
- great knowledge of how a non-profit organazation functions, valuable tools for project management and how to work with volunteers
The job will be approx. 25 hours a month, and you will be payed by an hourly rate. The workload will be a bit larger in September and in January when planning the cafés and training volunteers, and a bit less during the remaining months. We are flexible with regards to exams etc.
The position is fixed-term, starting as soon as possible and ending May 1st, 2018
To be considered for the job please send us a short cover letter and CV before 1st of September 12:00 AM. Applications will be reviewed when received, so we recommend that you send your application as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact project coordinator Ellen by calling 31 35 43 83 or e-mailing email@example.com
Studenterhuset is placed in central Copenhagen – right next to Rundetaarn. We are the place where students meet across the many subjects and faculties at the University of Copenhagen.
The house is run by students, alongside a small group of paid staff; together we create an amazing atmosphere, debates, concerts, events and all kinds of activities.